Arriva recognise the importance of providing a website that is inclusive and available for all user groups. This page explains:
- our approach to making this website accessible, including what we have done and will do in the future;
- the facilities that we have provided for different disability groups;
- guidance on how to use particular features;
- what to do if you have any questions or feedback for us.
The Arriva website is being developed to support Internet users who have disabilities. We believe the web pages on the site are, as a minimum, in line with all of the priority 1 and 2 criteria of World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C's) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Select the following links to access specific details for:
- Screen reader/voice browser/screen magnifier users
- Partially sighted users - changing the font size
- Colour-blind users
- Keyboard-only users
- Changing the style sheet
- Questions and feedback
Screen reader / voice browser / screen magnifier users
Our navigation mechanisms are accessible by screen readers and voice browsers. In addition, skip links allow the user to by-pass the navigation to the main content and also go directly to the site tools.
This website uses the UK government access key system and the following information details each of the keyboard shortcut commands available to you.
- [S] Skip to main content
- [N] Skip to first level navigation
- [L] Skip to second level navigation
-  Home page
-  Sitemap
-  Frequently Asked Questions
-  Disclaimer
-  Feedback form / Contact Us
-  Search
-  Accessibility (this page)
-  About Arriva
-  Business activities
-  Investor relations
- [B] Media centre
- [C] Corporate responsibility
- [E] Careers
Depending on your browser type use one of the following:
- Internet Explorer 5+: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key, then press ENTER.
- Internet Explorer 4: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Internet Explorer 5+ for Mac: Hold down the CTRL key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Internet Explorer 4.5 for Mac: Access keys are not supported.
- Netscape 6+: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Netscape earlier versions: Access keys are not supported.
- Mozilla: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
Text equivalents of all images have been provided and the relevant page and table header tags inserted.
An accessible equivalent to the share price charting is also available.
Partially sighted users – changing the font size
We have provided the facility to change the font size of the text used on our web pages. If you are using Internet Explorer, select 'View' from the menu bar, then 'Text Size' and select from 'Smallest' to 'Largest'. In Mozilla Firefox, select 'View' from the menu bar, then 'Text Size' and select from 'Increase' to 'Decrease'.
We have also provided a large font version of our share price charting tool.
We have checked the site font and background colour combinations for the different colour-blindness conditions and ensured that items are not referenced by colour alone. In addition, we have provided a version of our share price charting tool for colourblind users using colours that give adequate contrast. Should you wish to change the colour of text and background by introducing your own style sheet, please follow the instructions in changing the style sheet.
Keyboard-only usersThe web pages on the site have been tested for use in keyboard-only operation. When using the forms or controls for the tools, the keys to use are as follows:
- to select from dropdown boxes, use up and down arrow keys;
- To select/unselect a check box, use the space bar;
- To move forward between links, use the tab key;
- To move back between links, use the Shift + tab keys;
- To initiate an action button, use the Enter key when the action button is selected.