Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn AG, a leading worldwide provider of transport and logistics services.
Based in Berlin, Deutsche Bahn was founded in 1994. Today, it operates in more than 130 countries worldwide and employs some 295,000 people in more than 300 different occupations.
Deutsche Bahn’s mission statement is to be a customer-orientated, likeable, resource-saving and economically successful company.
DB Bahn is a leading provider in the European passenger transport market, delivering:
- regional, urban and long distance passenger transport across Europe
- 4.2 billion passenger journeys a year.
DB Netze operates the biggest rail network in Europe, managing:
- 5,700 train stations
- 64,000 km total track length.
DB Schenker is the second biggest worldwide provider of transport and logistics services, delivering:
- 415 million tonnes of freight shipped via rail each year, in addition to air and sea freight
- 81 million shipments sent via European land transport each year.
Deutsche Bahn’s vision is to expand its leading market positions to become the world's leading mobility and logistics company, by offering innovative solutions, focusing on intelligent integration and setting the standards for quality and customer service in its markets.
As a division of DB Bahn, Arriva is responsible for the growth and development of all Deutsche Bahn’s regional passenger transport outside of Germany.